Subject: /. The Space Simulator Cluster

Bob Drzyzgula bob at drzyzgula.org
Tue Nov 26 06:26:14 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:09:48AM -0500, Mark Hahn wrote:

> the real question is: how reliable are they?  if you figure that they have
> two 50Khour fans in each unit (PS and CPU/heatpipe), they'll be replacing
> a unit every 3.5 days.  no doubt they'll have a pile of spares, but it's
> still something of a pain.

We bought a few of an earlier version of these
-- the SV24 -- in my office for systems development
work. They are pretty nice, although crowded, to
work with, but I've had problems with the fans in
the power supplys; they don't seem to last very
well. I suppose it's possible that the newer versions
are better in this regard...

--Bob