KS file, floppy boot, and NIC not on boot floppy.

John Brookes johnb at quadrics.com
Thu Nov 21 07:41:51 PST 2002

For nodes that support PXE it's a good way to go - particularly as you've
already done a lot of the work in creating a ks file. Re-installs and the
tailoring of kernels/distro specifics/machine configurations to the tasks in
hand are usually fast and easy once you've got the appropriate ks files.
IMHO, the biggest single problem with PXE is that configurations that don't
support it are going to be around for a time yet :(

Cheers,

John Brookes
Quadrics
T: +44 (0)117 9155500