KS file, floppy boot, and NIC not on boot floppy.

Peter Bowen pzb at datastacks.com
Thu Nov 21 06:00:10 PST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 08:17, Henderson, TL Todd wrote:
> I suspect I have 4 options:
>
> a.)  Deal with it.
> b.)  Move the e1000 module to the floppy.  However, I don't seem to have the
> room on the floppy to do this.

The trick here is to remove one (or more) unneeded modules from the
floppy.  This requires playing with the modules.cgz file, along with a
couple other files that list the drivers on the floppy.

> c.)  Build a new kernel that fits on the floppy, has all the special
> features needed to boot from the floppy and includes the e1000 driver.
> d.)  Break down and learn how to do it with PXE.
>
> Is there anything I've missed or other suggestions anyone would have.

You might want to ask this on kickstart-list at redhat.com or
anaconda-list at redhat.com, as these are better places for this specific
issue, and have many people who have done this sort of thing before.

Thanks.
Peter