SMC 8624T 24-port 10/100/1000 switch

Mark Hahn hahn at
Mon Nov 11 15:54:18 PST 2002

> >these? The specs seem too good for the price: 88Gbps
> >fabric, 24 10/100/1000 copper ports, 4 mini-GBIC slots,
> >managed, supports VLANs, port aggregation & mirroring,
> >selling online for about $2800.

this is pretty exciting!  to think that I was recently impressed
that 8-port gigabit switches had recently become affordable...
24+4, aggregation, 35.6 Mbps peak, 88 Mbps

it's store-n-forward and says "2 Mb per system" buffering,
which doesn't really sound good...

> Does anyone know if it supports jumbo frame too?
> What's the difference w/ the Dell Powerconnect 5224?
> (
48 Gbps, 35.6 Mpps, 24+4, lacp, radius, 4 prio queues, etc.

there's also the d-link 20+4 switch:
up to 48 Gbps, no mention of jumbo frames.

I just ordered a 48-node cluster using a 48x100bT+2x1000bT switch;
I wonder if I'm in time to change the specs...