Netgear GS254T 24 port GB ethernet switch (minimal test)

Michael Stein mas at ucla.edu
Sun Nov 10 23:42:05 PST 2002

I got a chance to try a Netgear GS524T 24 port GB ethernet switch
here recently.  This switch seems to run about $2000.

I had 21 machines connected (head node plus 20 compute nodes).

The machines were Intel SWV2ATA (ATA version of Intel SE7500WV2
motherboard) with dual Xeon 2.4 Ghz processors.  Systems were RedHat 7.3
(with proper network drivers).  These motherboards have dual GB ethernet,
however only one GB port was used for this test.