Tyan S2466N boot problems...

abhishek Sinha aby_sinha at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 11:19:24 PDT 2002

Ramos

 2 problems:

>   - How can we made a node boot without a video
> card? A node that work
> perfect with video card seems not to boot without
> it.

Enable the serial console redirect getting into the
BIOS. This is neccessary for booting the machine
without the video card

>   - We have 512MB PC2100 DDR ECC Reg. memory modules
> (ATP AB64L72A8S8BOS),
> that in the web page of tyan seems to work
> perfectly. With just 1 DIMM it
> works fine, but when we put 2 DIMM in the same
> machine, the machine dont boot.

The memory stick might be fine, We ran couple of
different memory modules for the 2466 . We ran 4 GB of
ventura , corsair, Dan elec and all of them seem to be
fine. I might be that 'That ' particular memory module
is bad

-a