performance on Apple's new 1U dual-G4/DDR box?

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Thu May 16 13:09:10 PDT 2002

does anyone have any performance numbers on Apple's new server?
so far, I've been completely unimpressed by the G4's performance,
but I'm entertaining the notion that was because Apple has lagged
so badly in engineering modern dram systems.  so, for instance,
the fact that a G4 mac compares to a low-mid-range PIII machine
could be strictly due to the fact that they both use boring old PC133.

please, no raves about altivec or blast...

thanks, mark hahn.