Debian 3.0 (woody) fortran compiler

OLIVIER LAMBERT ceituna at ardilla.asso.fr
Sat May 11 15:09:40 PDT 2002

-> Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:23:28 +0200
--> To: Lista de correo sobre Beowulf <beowulf at beowulf.org>
--> Subject: Re: Debian 3.0
--> From: Alberto Ramos <alberto at delta.ft.uam.es>
-->
-->   Im also going to install Debain 3.0 in a cluster, and the principal
--> problem is if i would be able to install the Intel Fortran 90 compiler.
--> Since I know, it comes in rpm packages...

2 main things...

Debian has an advanced set of tools for installing/deinstaling software.

You can use dselect (or apt-get if you know the name of the package)  to
choose the right Compiler that suits your needs.
What's more, the installation can be done trough the web, completly
transparent for you.

An other extra tool is "alien". This alows you to transform any tgz or .rpm
package, analyses thes scripts inside, and build an new fresh .deb
Depending on the quality of your .rpm, the result can be marvelous.

Contact me if you need some help about Debian

-->   Any experiences with this, please?

Fortran compiler, not precisely, but "alienising packages", quite some
good experience.

-->   Thanks.
Pleased to.

-->   Alberto.

Olivier
ceituna at ardilla.asso.fr

Olivier LAMBERT, étudiant en maitrise IUP STRI
webmestre http://www.ardilla.asso.fr (webmaster at ardilla.asso.fr)

tél : (+33)6 88 30 55 38