High End AGP cards compatibility with Dual Athlon Processor Servers

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Fri May 10 09:36:42 PDT 2002

With regards to your message at 10:03 AM 5/10/02,
beowulf-request at beowulf.org. Where you stated:
>Hi:
>
>Does any one has information about how high end AGP cards (like 128MB or =
>higher ram ) like GeForceTi4400 one work with Dual AMD Athlon servers.
>
>HAs anyone used them for long and found any specific problems with =
>compatibility?
>
>Thanks
>
>Sachin

Current Tyan motherboards ( S2466N-4M and S2468) have a BIOS issue where
some video cards with large ROM address space conflict with other PCI card
BIOS ROMs.
When this occurs, then the other card does not work, or the video does no
initialize.
Tyan IS working on this.
For example their latest BIOS beta for the 2466N-4M has more space
available, at the expense of the PXE boot code portions.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!