opinion on XFS

Eray Ozkural erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Thu May 9 20:30:07 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 21:51, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> significantly. We used to suffer crashed nodes due to the extremely poorly
> written EXT2 filesystem. That was the only system level bug that

I wrote like that because as it should be apparent, that is my opinion. I
wouldn't say such a thing if EXT2 hadn't consistently frustrated me in the
past, on a variety of hardware. The only major flaw in the whole GNU/Linux
system if I may say. [*]

That's why I took the time to talk to people who used other filesystems, read
their documents, and then convert all of my data to XFS which seemed to be
the best filesystem 6 months ago.

And I do think that EXT2 doesn't fare that well in the world of filesystems.

Thank you all for taking the time to listen to my opinion.

[*] There is also the performance of C++ dynamic linking but that's completely
irrelevant ;)

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza