Does my channel bond work

abhishek Sinha aby_sinha at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 16:47:22 PDT 2002

Now this is some interesting stuff that i actually
found out

I just monitored the packets from the switch to see
actually where they are going into

TRK1 =node2
TRK2=node1

When Sending a big file from node2 to node1

HP ProCurve Switch 4000M        DEFAULT_CONFIG
     1-Jan-1990   1:09:08
==========================- CONSOLE - MANAGER MODE
-============================
Status and Counters - Port Counters

   Port     Total Bytes   Total Frames     Errors Rx
   Drops Tx
  -------  -------------  -------------  -------------
 -------------
  A1                   0              0              0
             0
  C1-Trk1      3,640,711         48,116              0
             0
  C2-Trk1    100,742,642         71,606              0
             0
  C3-Trk2     50,523,420         35,804              0
             0
  C4-Trk2     53,859,933         83,918              0
             0
  C5-Trk3              0              0              0
             0
  C6-Trk3              0              0              0
             0
  C7-Trk4              0              0              0
             0
  C8-Trk4              0              0              0
             0
  D1                   0              0              0
             0
  D2                   0              0              0
             0

 Actions->   Back     Show details     Reset     Help

when sending a big file from node1 to node2

 Port     Total Bytes   Total Frames     Errors Rx
 Drops Tx
  -------  -------------  -------------  -------------
 -------------
  A1                   0              0              0
             0
  C1-Trk1    100,432,998         69,876              0
             0
  C2-Trk1      2,707,873         35,263              0
             0
  C3-Trk2      1,355,028         17,632              0
             0
  C4-Trk2    101,785,843         87,507              0
             0
  C5-Trk3              0              0              0
             0
  C6-Trk3              0              0              0
             0
  C7-Trk4              0              0              0
             0
  C8-Trk4              0              0              0
             0
  D1                   0              0              0
             0
  D2                   0              0              0
             0

 Actions->   Back     Show details     Reset     Help

Reset port counters (affects current console session
only)

Any ideas guys.. Some channel bonding is happening i
guess ; But why am i not getting 200 MBPs of speed.???

Abhishek