MPI benchmarks [was: Dolphin Wulfkit ]

Joachim Worringen joachim at lfbs.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Tue May 7 11:09:25 PDT 2002

Greg Lindahl wrote:

> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:55:40AM +0200, Steffen Persvold wrote:
>
> > Anyway, which
> > application do you suggest for reporting bisection bandwidth ? mpperf ?
>
> I've been using mpitest as distributed with MPICH, but it doesn't
> currently pick a random bisection, so it doesn't have everything I'd
> want in a bisection test.

I assume both of you are talking about mpptest from
mpich/examples/perftest.

Well, the pair-picking for the bisection is done in
pair.c:BisectChange(), anyone is free to to add alternative
pair-building functionality if one feels the need.

No, Greg, this is not for you, don't worry.

  Joachim

--
|  _  RWTH|  Joachim Worringen
|_|_`_    |  Lehrstuhl fuer Betriebssysteme, RWTH Aachen
  | |_)(_`|  http://www.lfbs.rwth-aachen.de/~joachim
    |_)._)|  fon: ++49-241-80.27609 fax: ++49-241-80.22339