Dolphin Wulfkit

Greg Lindahl lindahl at keyresearch.com
Mon May 6 10:21:51 PDT 2002

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 04:35:35PM +0200, Joachim Worringen wrote:

> > > AFAIK the PMB benchmark uses rank 0 and 1 when doing ping-ping and
> > > ping-pong tests,
> >
> > So a "round robin" default breaks PMB if you aren't careful. Which is
> > unfortunate.
>
> Do you have a definition of "breaking PMB"?

It is clear from the quote: PMB only reports shared memory bandwidths
and latencies for the ping-pong case, and that's broken. This was
noted by everyone else posting in this thread; I'm sorry you missed
it. If you have other simple questions like this one, I'd suggest
sending personal email so that you don't waste the list's time.

greg