stdio

Timothy W. Moore moor007 at bellsouth.net
Thu May 2 18:53:14 PDT 2002

Each node mounts /home from the host machine.  When I attempt to run my
program, it states that it can't open the output file and crashes.
 However, it does open an error file in /home saying that it can't open
the output file.  The error files are generated with the user and group
501.  I also get the impression that screen output is causing problems
because the DISPLAY variable is not set properly.

[1] What is the syntax of the setenv DISPLAY ...?  My hostname is enigma.

[2]  I arbitrarily set the permissions to 777 thinking node08 would then
be able to write to /home...it failed.  What permissions do I set for
seamless access to /home and the screen?

Thanks,

Tim