console redirection issues

Abhishek sinha aby_sinha at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 12:14:42 PST 2002

Hi all,

This might be just out of the topic, but i couldnt find help anywhere. I
am using serial console redirect on the 2505 t Tyan board. now i am
getting strange things that i have never seen before. When i connect the
machines with the null modem cable , the machine (where the console
redirect is enabled ) goes into the BIOS, without hitting any key. If u
save and exit again it goes into the BIOS without doing anything. When u
disconnect the cable then this does not happen . I tried using a cross
over rj45 cable. With this i cannot see the POST messages and i can only
see the messages when the kernel boots.But this doesnt go into the BIOS.
Is this an issue with the BIOS or some one has been in wonderland and
seen this issue .

Please advise

Abhishek