gige benchmark performance

doug at pnl.gov doug at pnl.gov
Thu Mar 14 15:02:41 PST 2002

It's been out experience that there are two tiers of gigabit cards. one,
the cheap one, gives not so hot performance. This generally includes the
netgear and 3com/broadcom cards.

The other is the most expensive one, which includes the intel and
syskonnect cards. These give very nice performance.

taking a look at your graphs, we might want to tweak our kernel a little,
because our netgears with the acenic chipset do not perform nearly as
well.

Douglas J Nordwall	http://rex.nmhu.edu/~musashi
System Administrator	Pacific Northwest National Labs