small 1U gigabit card ...recommendation?

Steffen Persvold sp at
Tue Mar 12 05:43:19 PST 2002

Jim Fraser wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a low profile (maybe 1U) gigabit Ethernet card?
> I wonder why no one is making on-board gigabit Ethernet built on the
> motherboard?

and Tyan

both have Intel E7500 (Plumas) based motherboards with onboard Gigabit Ethernet. SuperMicro also has
a complete 1U Dual Xeon server box featuring this motherboard :

I think the Gigabit cards are supported by the e1000 driver in Linux.

  Steffen Persvold   | Scalable Linux Systems |   Try out the world's best
 mailto:sp at |  | performing MPI implementation:
Tel: (+47) 2262 8950 |   Olaf Helsets vei 6   |      - ScaMPI 1.13.8 -
Fax: (+47) 2262 8951 |   N0621 Oslo, NORWAY   | >320MBytes/s and <4uS latency