NAS

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Fri Jun 28 10:54:55 PDT 2002

On a related issue:

we are planning to install a relatively large NAS unit (in the 100TB range).
The question is: is there a limit (and if yes, how large is it?) for the
largest file system Linux can mount?
E.g., can I NFS mount a 8TB file system under Linux? (kernel 2.4.18).

Thanks for any information you may have on that problem.

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Siegert
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6