2U cases for dual MP1900+

alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Wed Jul 31 19:29:48 PDT 2002

hi ya

i claim ... that the same problem that occurs for
1U will also be a problem for cooling the cpus in 2U cases

what you need to watch out for is to make sure the
cpu fan has enough air gap between the fan and the cover

0.5" for 1U cases is sorta a minumum requirement so
that the fan can do its magic in cooling the heatsink.
	- most fans are just too close to the cover
	and is just a noise maker ...

mroe air gap above the fan is better ... and someplace
where the air after hitting the cpu can go elsewhere...
	( something to suck the hot air off the heatsink

have fun
alvin
http://www.linux-1u.net ... amd 1800+ of faster(?) in 1U ...