SOFTWARE PRICING FOR CLUSTERS

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Wed Jul 24 10:56:58 PDT 2002

Quite honestly: No increase whatsoever is reasonable.
Is the product any different when sold for 1-4 CPUs than when sold for
5-16 CPUs? If the answer is no, I have a hard time understanding these
kind of pricing policies. And I actually refuse to buy such products.

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Siegert
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6