Cluster of Subclusters with private networks

Alejandro Frangi afrangi at posta.unizar.es
Tue Jul 23 08:55:21 PDT 2002

Hi,

 A quick question. I have two Linux-based PC clusters each of which has a
front end (FE) and several PC nodes connected to the FE using a private
network. Therefore, there is no direct connectivity between nodes from each
cluster.

 Is it possible (and where can we find how-to information) to affiliate all
nodes of both clusters to a single (hierarchical?) scheduler? Our ideal
would be to have a single scheduler to which to submit jobs and that this
will take care of scheduling the jobs to each node tunneling through each
cluster front-end when needed.

 Thanks in advance,

	Alex