CCL:Origin300, Linux Cluster (fwd)

Iwao Makino rickey-co at mug.biglobe.ne.jp
Sat Jul 6 20:46:54 PDT 2002

At 18:26 +0200 4.07.2002, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> [...]

As far as I know, as many said already, (1) is only option if you must use
an application that does not exist for Linux.  Or if you have to do special
visualization etc...

And for Amber(not talking other MD apps for now), AMD seem to run little
faster.
Also, 1CPU * nNode seem to get better result than Dual CPU systems.
#1.7GHz P4(or Xeon) and 1.2GHz Athlon seen an identical speed for some.

PS: Amber site doesn't have much benchmarks with x86 machines.
If you are curious about 86(specially P4 and Xeon) you might try to check
following
web site.

<http://www.hpc.co.jp/AP/Amber7-Linux01.htm>

Best regards,