CCL:Origin300, Linux Cluster (fwd)

ulairi at ulairi.org ulairi at ulairi.org
Thu Jul 4 17:39:45 PDT 2002

Quoting "Robert G. Brown" <rgb at phy.duke.edu>:

> On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Eugen Leitl wrote:

The only reason you'd get an SGI box is if you need to visualize insane amounts
of data. SGI still excells at being able to drive their visualization
environment with a LOT of data without skipping a beat. That being said, your
raw computational power requirement would be much better fullfilled by a
Beowulf or Myrinet-style cluster.

--
Pavel
SGI SysAdmin

"My other computer is your windows box."