Cluster Software

ds10025 at cam.ac.uk ds10025 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 3 15:04:44 PDT 2002

Hi

I've been doing some readin on SCE, SCM, CUB and OSCAR

I have a small (hope to build a ) cluster. Using RH7.2 The master node will
consist of a modem (for access to Internet) and NIC (for access to clsuter).

1. Most above packages expect two network cards. Can I install either
package with one network card in the Master node?

2. Most package expect to have 10.1.2.* private IP numbers. Can I use any
other private numbers?

3. I want to use master node as a stand alone Redhat server as well as
managering the cluster is this possible?

Dan
--On 03 July 2002 09:57 +0100 Daniel Kidger <Daniel.Kidger at quadrics.com>