Dual Athlon MP 1U units

Lalit Jain ljain at angstrom.com
Sat Jan 26 10:30:59 PST 2002

I do know for a fact that 300W PFC power supplies will work for dual AMD
systems with up to 3 GB of memory and dual IDE HDDs.  The caveat is that
300W will not drive AGP cards.  Assume an extra 110 W for AGP,
especially for high performance cards such as ATI FireGL2. BTW --
Certain high performance AGP cards will not properly work with dual AMD
systems -- even when using the mem-nopentium option in LILO...

PFC power supplies are standard and are required for certain
international deployments.

Lalit Jain
Angstrom Microsystems, Inc.
27 Drydock Ave