Dual Athlon MP 1U units

mirabai at linuxlabs.com mirabai at linuxlabs.com
Fri Jan 25 09:05:41 PST 2002

we have put together a 51 node dual Athlon 1600MP that has been up and running
for some time now.  we are using Tyan Tiger MP motherboards for slave nodes
and Thunder K-7 for the master, secondary master and file server.  running
scyld.

we have 4 1u dual Athlon's running linux. We have encountered numerous power
supply issues as well as overheating.  Due to have a solution soon enough.

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Steven Timm wrote:

> I am just wondering how many people have managed to get a
> cluster of dual Athlon-MP nodes up and running.  If so,
> which motherboards and chipsets are you using, and has anyone
> safely done this in a 1U form factor?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve Timm

javabaw, inc., minna mirabai, asst. engineer--- linux labs
               ..... ....                                230 peachtree #2705
               linux labs                               atlanta.ga.us 30303
        "mission critical linux"                   http://www.linuxlabs.com
                                                24hr dispatch: 800.788.9319