Boards for Fastest Intel Processors

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Fri Jan 11 08:46:00 PST 2002

Does anyone have any recommendations on what type of dual Xeon
motherboard to get to be able to run these new 2.2 GHz processors?
I have heard a lot about the Supermicro boards but am suspect due
to problems with several earlier versions of Supermicro PIII boards.

Is there any word on when Intel will be releasing their new
board with the native Intel chipset instead of a Serverworks chipset?

Steve

Steven C. Timm (630) 840-8525  timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Division/Operating Systems Support
Scientific Computing Support Group--Computing Farms Operations