charmm scalability on 2.4 kernels

Rob Latham rlatham at plogic.com
Sun Jan 6 14:44:50 PST 2002

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 11:55:42PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> On Saturday 05 January 2002 20:10, Steve Fellini wrote:

> This is rather surprising, I'd expect 2.4.x to actually improve upon 2.2.x.
> It was said before on this list that 2.4 already incorporates TCP fixes. Has
> anybody met a similar situation before?

it was said before that the tcp fixes don't make any difference.

with 2.2 you'd see some fast times and then a few really really high
times. with 2.4 you get really consitent times that are a bit slower
than the times you'd get with 2.2 + the tcp fixes.

==rob

--
Rob Latham <rlatham at plogic.com>
Paralogic Inc.