clustermatic installation/loading of boot kernel

lothar at triumf.ca lothar at triumf.ca
Thu Dec 12 09:22:43 PST 2002

Hi,
I am trying to set up a clustermatic/bproc based system. I installed
your latest version
of the CDrom. I made bootimages for a floppy and latter loading.
/etc/rc.d/init.d/beowulf
starts without problems.  I have put one of the diskless-floppy only
slaves on a videocard
and monitor.  ethernet card on slave and master or both 3com905. When I
boot up, the
floppy installation seems to run flawless till it makes contact to the
master. When loading
/var/beowulf/boot.img it starts to spill out messages of the the nature
missed block nnnn (eg.. 1340)
for a while, later it reverses into some
rcv  /var/beowulf/boot.img
followed occassionally by missed block  messagess.

For being busy with other things I left it for two days.
Amazingly enough this morning it had successfully booted.

What is going on?

Lothar