Performance Benchmarks

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Fri Aug 30 11:38:47 PDT 2002

According to Tom A Krewson
> Does anyone know of a good objective benchmark for Linux clusters running
> MPI? I have tried Linpack but failed to get the results I need. It seems
> to need tuning for each cluster which is makes it hard to be objective
> with reguards to its results. I also have used llcbench and have gotten
> some nifty graphs but nothing to compare what I have in my cluster
> objectively to other clusters.

  I may recommend you Linpack High Parallel benchmark which is used
also in TOP500 table where custers also are presented. URL:
//netlib2.cs.utk.edu/benchmark/hpl

There is a set of other known benhcmarks, in particular for MPI
itself, but if you want to see to computational performance
of your cluster, Linpack parallel looks as the simplest way.

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Moscow