Scyld, RMI, and ProActive

Simon Frost sdfrost at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 29 16:42:07 PDT 2002

Dear Beowulf list,

I'm sure that this is a dumb question, but I am a relative newbie...

I'm trying to get RMI working on my Scyld system.  I'm using the ProActive
libraries (http://www-sop.inria.fr/sloop/javall/), which make the whole RMI
thing much easier.  The problem is, when I try to create an RMI node on a
slave in the RMI registry, it only puts a node on the master, not on the
slave i.e.

./startNode.sh rmi://.1/1

puts a JVM on the master node (-1), rather than on node 1.

Alternatively, I can bpsh to the node in question:

bpsh .1 (fullpath)/startNode.sh rmi://.1/1

This initially mounts a node, but then I get an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds
exception.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Simon