Bash

Art Edwards edwardsa at plk.af.mil
Sat Aug 10 09:04:30 PDT 2002

This is for SCYLD users (anyone out there?) I'm using the BZ-7 release
that appears to have an absolutely ancient BASH (it won't recognize
arrays.) So I'm looking to simply install the newest rpm for BASH. My
question is whether this will break bpsh or anything else. While I'm
very happy to try many things on my Debian boxes, our cluster is a
productivity tool and I don't have time (in terms of lost
calculations) to do too many stupid sthings. I have similar questions
about g77-3.1 and GCC-3.1 . Will installation of these break any of
the Scyld libraries for, for example, mpif77?

Art Edwards

Senior Research Physicist
Air Force Research Laboratory