Cannot find -lpvfs

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 17 08:16:05 PDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 05:39:25PM +0200, David Leunen wrote:

> We've installed Scyld Beowulf 27bz-8 on our cluster. But we cannot make
> the mpich examples to link the .o files. Here is the error we get:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpvfs
>
> This error is thrown on every try to link an mpi program...
> any idea?

-lpvfs ... that's the PVFS library.  check if you have the pvfs-devel
rpm installed.

If it *is* installed, your mpicc needs to specify where to find it in
LDFLAGS.  The scyld guys are quite good at integrating all the
software pieces though, so i bet this is not the case :>

==rob

--
Rob Latham
                                             A215 0178 EA2D B059 8CDF