very high bandwidth, low latency manner?

Craig Tierney ctierney at hpti.com
Thu Apr 11 12:26:50 PDT 2002

I talked to a guy at SC2002 from Quadrics and he said
that list pricing on a Quadrics network was about $3500
per node when you are in the 100s of nodes and up.
The price includes the cards, cables, switches,
etc.  This doesn't include any sort of discount that you
might get.  Myrinet is about $2000 for an equivelent
network at list price.   Dolphin/SCI falls around $2245 list
per node (if the system is > 144 nodes and you have to get
the 3d card).

I heard that Quadrics had a customer that just had to have
an Intel/Quadrics system so either they or he was working
on porting the drivers.   The web page says they support
Linux and Tru64.  You could probably get the hardware without
going through Compaq, but Compaq is most likely buying up
most of the supply.

Craig

--
Craig Tierney (ctierney at hpti.com)