NIS server core dump

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Fri Sep 28 12:24:16 PDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 01:39:53PM +0000, Jacques B. Siboni wrote:

> I use ypserv on the Linux 7.0 box to serv the NIS clients on the slave
> machines. ypserv version is ypserv-1.3.12 (previous versions act the same
> way).

Since you say 7.0 I guess you really mean RedHat Linux 7.0. If so the
first place to check is redhat.com/errata, look to see if that RPM has
an update available. Usually when they really goof up, they quickly
have an update.

If it's Mandrake or another distribution, they also have similar spots
on their website.

greg