Paper showing Linpack scalability of mainstream clusters

Alan Ward award at andorra.ad
Fri Sep 28 08:42:03 PDT 2001

In many (european) countries, the "efficiency factor" -- or "cos(phi)"
as we call it -- must be over 0.9 . A transformer, or computer power supply,
must be designed to comply with this, at least under normal working
conditions. An overloaded transformer won't.

I would have to check this, but get the impression that with many power
supplies cos(phi) goes way down during power on, when they tend to
suck in current.

Regards,
Alan Ward

Greg Lindahl ha escrit: