PGI and HPL benchmarking

Daniel Kidger Daniel.Kidger at
Mon Sep 17 09:46:34 PDT 2001

Your makefile appears to use ATLAS. I thought that the user wanted to use
PGI's own BLAS routines?

I have also used ATLAS Blas for HPL on various systems (P3, P4, Itanium).
What I would be interested in is anyone who has got HPL running using
Intel's Maths Kernel Library: MKL. This should be able to use SSE2 to the
fullest and so beat the PGI implementation?

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 907 5375