Network RAM : Comm. issues

Amber Palekar amber_palekar at
Mon Sep 17 03:01:23 PDT 2001

   We are planning to implement Network RAM as our
syllabus project . Could someone suggest some
communication mechanisms for passing messages over the
ethernet ( which is what we are restricting ourselves
to) . We are initially restricting to using RAW
sockets only but are in a fix about what to use in the
subsequent prototypes. Should MPIs and VIAs be looked
at or could we develop our own protocol at the device
driver level ? ( as we're restricitng ourselves to
ethernet only .) Any other pointers for Network RAM
implemntation would be of great help !