channel bonding rtl8139 works??

Pedro Díaz Jiménez pdiaz88 at terra.es
Wed Sep 5 09:11:12 PDT 2001

I've been running my tests/personal cluster with rtl8139's more
than a year without problems. But recently I have been having a lot of
troubles with the nics: locks, bad network response, etc..

Let's see, two things have changed: I've upgraded to 2.4.x series of kernels
(2.4.9, previously running 2.2.17) and I've been working in different fields:
original use was crypto related stuff, very little network activity. Now I
also perform some video proccessing, wich is somewhat the opposite: large
ammounts of time (days) with almost 100% network activity, a lot of nfs
reads&writes, etc...

It might be a kernel issue, didn't have time to investigate yet

Cheers
Pedro

- --

/*
 * Pedro Diaz Jimenez: pdiaz88 at terra.es, pdiaz at acm.asoc.fi.upm.es
 *
 * GPG KeyID: E118C651
 * Fingerprint: 1FD9 163B 649C DDDC 422D  5E82 9EEE 777D E118 C65
 *
 * http://planetcluster.org
 * Clustering & H.P.C. news and documentation
 *
 * "La sabiduria me persigue, pero yo soy mas rapido"
 */