PC configuration for cluster

Indraneel Majumdar indraneel at indialine.org
Tue Sep 4 08:20:26 PDT 2001

Hi,
My department is planning to build a cluster and I've some questions
regarding some of the components. If anyone is using these I'll be
grateful to hear of their experiences.

1. Does the Asus A7M266 boot without a graphics card?
2. Does the Asus A7M266 bios support network boot?
3. Does the Tyan S2462UNG (dual amd motherboard) require paired
processors (eg like in SGI and Sun machines)?
4. Can the Tyan S2462UNG boot off a SCSI disk (the motherboard has an
onboard SCSI controller)?
5. How is the performance of the Netgear GA622T copper gigabit network
card in relation to the fiber optic card (GA620) (This is my first
plunge into gigabit networking)?
6. Is it possible to boot a machine off a DVD Drive with a bootable CD?

TIA,
Indraneel

--
http://www.indialine.org/indraneel/