mpich on scyld problems

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Wed Oct 31 13:56:09 PST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, henken wrote:

> Hello--
> 	I am tryign to test our scyld cluster with the cpi program. The
> machinefile, "mfile" contains:
> 3:2
> 4:2
>
> The command I am trying to run is:
> mpirun -map 3:4:3:4 -v -machinefile mfile cpi

You shouldn't need a machines file.  If you check the documentation that
comes with Scyld Beowulf, you will see we have a different system for
chosing which nodes to run on.  There's a default setting which works
pretty nicely, plus some environment variables you can modify to adjust
how many nodes or processors to run on, wether or not to run a job on
the master, and an exact listing of nodes if you want.   You might want
to try that and see if it gives you any better luck with the SMP nodes.