Supermicro P3TDE6

Ray Muno muno at aem.umn.edu
Wed Oct 31 08:26:28 PST 2001

I am using the SCSI controller on the motherboard.  There are no cards
in the 66 MHz slots.  All the slots are 64 bit, some are just 33 MHz.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 06:32:56AM -0500, Patrick Geoffray wrote:
> Ray Muno wrote:
>
> > When I try to install Redhat 7.1 on these machines, they all seem to hang
> > when they try to access the SCSI disk.  At that point, I get disk timeouts
> > and the machine will not boot any further.  I have swapped disks around
> > between the 3 machines and still see the problem.  I was able to load
> > Redhat 7.2 as a test and it will boot occasionly.  At times, it hangs
> > as well.
>
> I don't know if it's exactely the same problem, but try to boot the
> kernel with "noapic". Are you using the embedded SCSI controler ?
> Do you have anything in the 64 bits PCI slots ?
>
> Patrick

 Ray Muno                           http://www.aem.umn.edu/people/staff/muno
 University of Minnesota                          e-mail:   muno at aem.umn.edu
 Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics               Phone:     (612) 625-9531
 110 Union St. S.E.		                     FAX:     (612) 626-1558
 Minneapolis, Mn 55455