Cluster computing software survey

Anthony J. Duben ajduben at semovm.semo.edu
Wed Oct 31 08:20:26 PST 2001

I noticed that the Intel site offers two versions of each --
One for Red Hat 6.2 and one for Red Hat 7.1.

How crucial is the choice of Linux version?  Has anyone
tried these compilers with other versions / vendors of Linux
or with FreeBSD?

AJD

At 02:46 PM 10/31/01 +0000, you wrote:

> >That's fine, and I just sent back a survey.  However, I noted that you
> >forgot to put AMD processors down at all on the form.  Oops.
>
>yes. and the excellent (free) Intel Compilers are also notable by their
>absence
>

>Yours,
>Daniel.

Anthony J. Duben
Professor and Chairman
Computer Science Dept., MS 5950
Southeast Missouri State University
1 University Plaza
Cape Girardeau MO 63701-4799
phone:  573-651-2194
fax:         573-651-2791
e-mail: ajduben at semovm.semo.edu
   or        c867buc at semovm.semo.edu

"Education: That which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the
stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." - Mark Twain