AMD testing

J. G. LaBounty jgl at unix.shell.com
Wed Oct 31 07:14:23 PST 2001

We have been running some tests with the TYAN S2460NG motherboard,
dual 1.5GHz AMD, and 2gb of memory. We are running a 2.4.9 kernel.
We get an occasional kernel panic running this system. Dropping back
to 1gb of memory and setting CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM, the system is rock solid.
I have tried the 2.4.11 and 2.4.12 kernels but they panic frequently.

Has anybody else on this list tried running the dual AMD's with more
than 1gb of memory? What kernel are you using?

John

| J. G. LaBounty               | Shell Information Technology Int. |
| voice          713-245-2024  | E&P Delivery, Americas            |
| email        jgl at shellus.com | 1500 Old Spanish Trail 6Q25       |
| fax            713-245-2659  | Houston, Texas 77054              |