Athlons

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Tue Oct 30 17:23:55 PST 2001

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 05:49:29PM -0500, Rob Myers wrote:

> correct me if i am wrong, but i thought the tyan thunder had the dual
> lan, scsi, and video on board and that the tyan tiger had none of
> those.  the tiger appears to be going for just over $200 on pricewatch,
> which is a nice savings over the thunder.

Yep. BTW, there are also AMD 760 MPX motherboards coming out in a
couple of weeks, like this one:

http://www.epox.com/html/english/default.htm

The main plus over AMD 760 MP motherboards is the 64bit/66mhz PCI,
which is better for Myrinet and gigE and all that. Dunno about 1U's
for that new motherboard, though. I have a supplier for dual AMD 1Us
and the older chipset.

greg