need passwd to use mpirun

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Tue Oct 30 08:02:22 PST 2001

setup: mpich-1.2.2.3, bash-2.05, linux 2.4.x and 2.2.x on slaves, glibc-2.2.4

I have run ssh-agent/ssh-add and can login to the slaves from
the master without a passwd/passphrase

I can run tstmachines -v successfully

On all machines, I have serv_p4 -o -p 1234 running
and MPI_P4SSPORT=1234, MPI_USEP4SSPORT=yes
in the environment

problem: from the same xterm as I run the above tests,
when I run

#mpirun -np somenumber ./mpi_testprogram

I'm asked for the passwd of the slave machines.

I remember setting this up with mpich-1.2.1 without too
much trouble (on other machines, although I've
forgotten what I did), but I've spent a day
on this so far without success.

any ideas?
Thanks Joe

mailto:mack.joseph at epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA