Scyld on non-dedicated network

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at
Mon Oct 29 21:29:29 PST 2001

I am not an expert on NT/W2K, but I would like to tell
you what I know. If you are not going to run parallel
jobs, and you have an NT version of the applications,
then read on.

You may try the NT version of PBSPro, which provides a
mix of Windows/Unix in the same cluster.

Or you may try to get the processing prower back with
a P2P client.

A well-known one is United Devices:

The advantage of the above solutions is that you don't
need to reboot (actually rebooting the NT boxes daily
is needed, even you don't run anything :-) ).