[PBS-USERS] Re: DRM standard API [was: SC2001 technical papers online]

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 20:58:42 PST 2001

I don't think "New Productivity Initiative" is a
*real* standard.

Please follow the thread "some comments overheard by
Platform Computing rep", and understand what kind of a
company Platform Computing is.

http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2001-October/001430.html

http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2001-October/001496.html

Do we need to follow the M$ API in the Unix world?

Let me give you a better example, does Apache use the
"standard" API proposed by M$?

What M$-like companies try to do is that they try to
use their own API as the standard, and want everyone
to follow. But they sell its products for money.

On the other hand, PBS and SGE are free, and they are
opensource. Sun is a mucher larger company, and PBS is
more common in the academic world, the important thing
is that they are more friendly.

What we want is a real standard, but helping M$ like
companies to make $$ is not my or any opensource
developers/users' interest.

 -Ron