Name mangling problem

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 26 07:28:29 PDT 2001

At 11:32 AM 10/26/2001 -0200, Eduardo Melione Abreu wrote:

>Hi
>
>When I try to build mpich-1.2.2.2 with ifc (intel fortran compiler)
>I receive the follow warning when I execute "configure"

>checking for Fortran 77 name mangling...
>configure: warning: Cannot determine Fortran naming scheme

Are you using icc or gcc as the C compiler?  I had to add a fix to the
autoconf macro used as part of this step to handle a library that is
incompatible with gcc; that will be in the next release.

You can do

setenv pac_cv_prog_f77_name_mangle "lower underscore"

before running configure to keep configure from trying to figure this out
for itself (yes, this isn't the right way to do this, but it will work for
now).

MPICH bug reports should go to mpi-maint at mcs.anl.gov .
Bill