good commodity NIC

Michael T. Prinkey mprinkey at aeolusresearch.com
Tue Oct 23 11:43:11 PDT 2001

I would echo the recommendation FA310.  Add to that list another tulip
workalike, the Linksys LNE100.  Revision 4 of that card has the
advantage of fitting in either a 3.3v or 5v PCI slot.  Intel EEPro 100
also does a fine job, but I only use them if they are integrated on the
motherboard (Supermicro 370DLE, Intel 850GB-LAN).

Mike Prinkey
Aeolus Research, Inc.